Many people don’t know where to start when it comes to catalog design. This daunting task is made simple when you follow these helpful tips. Don't get overwhelmed with all of the pages and information you want to include; instead start by outlining the goal of the catalog. Figure out what you need to accomplish there are different types such as a sales catalog, and informative piece, educational, a guide or a display catalog. Next, put yourself in the shoes of your audience. What would attract them, what information do they need, and what will keep them turning the pages. After gathering this information then start designing.
Don’t forget the design and of your catalog is just as important as the information. It doesn’t matter how great your information is, if you have poor images and poor print quality, your audience may be disinterested and less likely to read.
1. Use engaging colors, images, and design elements that represent you or your company.
2. Stick to a simple font that is easy to read. Consider size, style, and color.
3. Use white space, and use your space wisely. Keep a good balance, don’t use too much or too little text or images.
4. Eliminate unnecessary elements or distractions.
5. Select the appropriate finished size and know how you will distribute: mailing, handing out, or hanging in a display…
6. Full color images with 300dpi or more resolution are perfect for catalogs.
7. Keep a consistent style and look throughout the entire document.
PrintingCenterUSA can easily help you order a Catalog and have it shipped to your doorstep fast! We give you fast and free quotes, and have a knowledgeable staff and helpful customer service representatives who can help you get started. If you already have design software and just need help getting started, we also offer to help you start designing a beautiful catalog that people will always remember. We also have a where you can drag and drop your images and make a stunning catalog without needing any of your own design software!
Now that you've seen the best way to showcase your products, !
Not sure if a catalog is right for your needs? Click here to see all of our printing options.