1. Sheets vs. Pages
Let's start with a single sheet of paper. A single sheet of paper has 2 sides, a front side and a back side (shown in the diagram on the left).
A single folded sheet of paper gives you 4 numbered pages, as shown on the right.
How you number your pages depends on the page count. Page counts range from 8 to 92 pages and must be divisible by 4 (8, 12, 16, 20, 24, and so on).
How to Count Pages in an 8 Page Booklet
Generally, the page numbers are on the outside of each page in the upper or lower corner (see red arrows above).
2. Uploading Files
To Set Up & Upload an 8 Page Document:
- In the image below, Page 1 is the Front Cover
- The Inside Front Cover is Page 2.
- The Inside Pages continue like the diagram below, 3, 4, 5, 6.
- The last 2 pages will be your Inside Back Cover (Page 7) and the Back Cover (Page 8).
3. Plus Cover vs. Self-Cover
- Self-cover is when the cover and the inside paper are the same weight. If you want self-cover, we recommend 100# Text (Gloss or Matte) for both the inside and cover papers.
- Plus cover is when the cover is thicker than the inside pages. If you want a booklet with a thicker cover, we recommend 100# gloss text with 80# gloss cover, which can be UV coated to give a luxurious, high gloss feel.
4. Portrait vs. Landscape
5. Our Process
After uploading your files, our pre-press department will review your designs to ensure they fit our and send you a proof. Once you approve the proof, you don't have to do anything more! Check out the steps below if you want to know what happens with your order before and after proof approval!
Now that you understand the difference between sheets and pages, which order to put your pages in, the different cover options and our process, we hope you have an easier time putting together your final design! If you run into any issues, please give us a call at .